Laggy server

Post here to report any bugs you find or suggestions you have for Judo Chess.

Laggy server

Postby SaltimusPrime » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:39 am

Hey guys, I'm fairly new back to the community, it's wonderful to see a new community forming! I feel we should broadcast this community more! Anyway, my post is because the server is lagging, only when there is a max of maybe 10 people on playing. If we are to double our numbers, surely the server will be unplayable. Is there something we can do to make the lag go away? Is it the server just bad, or is it just the game itself? My ping is normally around 96, which seems very high for me, even when I'm playing massive games like SC2, and the like.
SaltimusPrime

Re: Laggy server

Postby devilant » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:49 am

Hi Saltimus. Welcome to judochess! I appreciate the feedback and am actively working on the lag issue. It's not a hardware problem--in fact, I just upgraded the server last weekend. The server machine is definitely beefy enough to handle a measly 10 players, so it's probably a software problem now.
devilant

Postby SaltimusPrime » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:02 pm

Oh, Hi Devilant!

Yes, I remember you from the KFC days. We didn't speak much, but nice to see you around. Well, it's nice to know it's not the server. I saw that FeegLood was saying something about a rating glitch. And how it was slowing down the game. He said that Sentient quick-patched it, so I don't know any of the details, but maybe you can start there. I'm still learning computer code and the likes, so code wouldn't be the issue? What do you mean by software? If there's anything I can do to help, let me know. I might be able to do something. I would definitely love for this game to be thriving again, and get it upgraded to a better than original KFC state. Cheers.
SaltimusPrime

Postby Muggles420 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:49 pm

What ever happened to the plan of making a correspondence version of the game? Surely it is the only way to get people to take the game seriously.
Muggles420

Postby Muggles420 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:35 pm

Judochess can catch on worldwide in 3 steps:

1. Correspondence Version
2. Dance Dance Version
3. Bots

A Correspondence Version will eliminate problems with lag, mis-clicks, and random noob tricks. A Dance Dance Version will eliminate problems with the general degenerate lifestyle of the players. Bots will prevent tables from dying by immediately replacing a player who quits, and will make it easier to categorize different tactics and develop new principles.
Muggles420

Postby chickencrossroad » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:46 pm

I've said it before, will say it again.

Having bots to play against are just crucial for the game as they will keep players around.

No one wants to sit around and wait for players when they're in the mood to play.

Not only that but they would allow beginners a great opportunity to practice and hopefully catch up to others.
Last edited by chickencrossroad on Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chickencrossroad

Postby chickencrossroad » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:55 pm

Oh and I don't understand Dance Dance version Muggles. Maybe you could explain how it works.
chickencrossroad

Postby Muggles420 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:41 pm

Originally what I had in mind was a keyboard shaped like the ffw board. This would still not appeal to the athletic community, so I thought of a Dance Dance Version with a dance pad shaped like the ffw board
Last edited by Muggles420 on Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Muggles420

Postby Muggles420 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:02 am

Muggles420

Postby Muggles420 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:44 pm

New Idea:

Judo Chess Bouncy Houses
The screens can be viewed from the sides of the bouncy house, and the floor operates as a controller that is similar to a dance pad. The bouncy nature of the floor will make it easier to reach from one side of the board to another, and make it easier for multiple people to play using the same controller. The bouncy house can have a censor that distinguishes between different feet.
Muggles420

Return to Bugs and Suggestions