Frequently cannot login and/or play

Post here to report any bugs you find or suggestions you have for Judo Chess.

Frequently cannot login and/or play

Postby WiredEarp » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:04 pm

Love this game. Unfortunately, and quite frequently, I can't log in (and neither can my friends) - or we can, but when we create a table, we are kicked out back to the login screen. If I had to guess I'd say it was a resource issue, as if my friend is able to log in I often cannot until he logs out...
WiredEarp

Re: Frequently cannot login and/or play

Postby devilant » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:01 am

I haven't encountered anything like that before. I am planning to switch to a beefier server soon (maybe over Thanksgiving weekend), so that might help.
devilant

Postby WiredEarp » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:47 am

I still get this issue, but much more infrequently. Had it tonight, 30/1/2015 @ 12.45am (NZ time).

When my friend logs off, I can then log on, so it seems to be a resource issue - perhaps you can check the log file and see what the problem is now I've posted the time it happened?
WiredEarp

Postby WiredEarp » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:54 am

After managing to get on (got my friend to log off, then we both logged back on), we had a couple of games till it froze and kicked me off again... after which I couldn't get back on. Approximately 2 minutes ago.
WiredEarp

Postby devilant » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:35 am

It's definitely not a resource issue. I've checked the server logs, and the server has plenty of RAM to spare. It's probably an issue with your internet connection. New Zealand is about as far away from the server as it's possible to get on Earth. Sorry =(.
devilant

Postby WiredEarp » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:49 am

That could explain it. However, we notice when the login issue occurs, we can frequently get on by getting one of us to log off so the other can get on, then they can get back on (whether they will then be able to get on seems variable), or by logging in a temp user versus a proper login. Creating a table under these circumstances will sometimes kick you off. However, after the table is created, both users can stay and play without issues. If its timeout related (which would explain the symptoms), then the timeouts for logging on initially, and on creation of table, may be different to the actual games timeouts. Perhaps if they were looked at and increased, the issue might disappear (at least until the game gets busier).
WiredEarp

Postby MadChess » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:45 pm

Sorry,
its probably not the same problem but I cant login too, since 2 days.
Happened after a crash from browser - And / or too much time of inactivity -, but I never add this issue before, in the same conditions.

it says i m already connected, which is true...

But not true :D

Can an admin please kick me out from the server ?

Maybe server should automaticaly kick out an inactive user after lets say 3-4 hours.
MadChess

Postby MadChess » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:49 pm

MadChess wrote:Can an admin please kick me out from the server ?

Not anymore ! (for now)
MadChess

Postby MadChess » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:49 am

Again stuck outside.

Can please someone kick me out from the server.

(And fix the bug would be nice as well =)
MadChess

Return to Bugs and Suggestions