First Bot on JudoChess!

Discussion about the game or anything else that's on your mind.

First Bot on JudoChess!

Postby chickencrossroad » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:04 pm

A long lost robot from Bot Street has finally found its way onto Judo Chess!

This tricky silicon by the name of JudoChess3000(C) can often be seen in the Judo Chess battlegrounds attacking fiercely at speeds humans can not compare. However if you survive the early fireworks you should win because it neglects king safety and endgames. Watch out for its pawns as they are quite dangerous!

JCBot can play both fast standard and FFW.

Big thanks to its owner and genius coder Yog-Sothoth for making it playable with the new client. This is the first bot sighted in 2 years, a big step for the game and hopefully more coming.
chickencrossroad

Re: First Bot on JudoChess!

Postby Muggles420 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:59 pm

I don't have the old C# code for byakuubot(C), 3 videos are all that is left.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7prmxbKFAZA
demonstrates the rook sweep on 3rd rank, it was more devastating here because bot pushed all pawns 2 squares.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LeqwfxNDHU
footage of byakuugan teaming with the bot against 7o2 & Woodeater (bot castles in own territory and only pushes d & c pawns)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQe2gvbLcWo
3 bots playing at the same ffw teams table (bot walks king into partner territory and pushes all pawns)
Muggles420

Postby devilant » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:59 am

Hey Muggles. If you want to resurrect byakuubot(C), I ported the old codeplex code over to judochess. You can check out the code on our bitbucket page (https://bitbucket.org/judochess/judochess)
devilant

Postby Toadofsky » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:11 am

Fascinating! Just to confirm, the codeplex code doesn't include any bot code (or API), correct?

I'd like to run/develop a bot, but if possible I'd prefer to not start completely from scratch.
Toadofsky

Postby devilant » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:06 am

Hi Toadofsky. The bitbucket repository (not codeplex anymore) contains the full source code for TestBot(C), a rudimentary judochess bot currently rated ~1600 in fast standard. It's in the NinjaChess sub-project. You are welcome to check out the code to use as your starting point, and modify/improve it to create your own bot. That's what JudoChessBot3000(C) and ninjachess(C), the bots at the top of the rating chart, are doing right now. Please do choose an account name ending in "(C)" for your bot when you do this.

Note: The repository also contains the full source code for all of JudoChess including the client, server, and website, but you don't need to touch those. Just run the NinjaChess part for the bot.
devilant

Return to General Discussion